It’s been far too long since I’ve shared an update on our wedding planning adventures…not to mention the fact that it’s now almost SPRING and we’re approaching warmer weather and my favorite season ever!
With such a long engagement, my fiancé M and I have been taking the whole wedding planning one step at a time. Every couple of weeks, we make it a point to focus on the venue, the church, the photographer, etc. So far, we’ve slowly been checking things off our list and feeling fairly confident and relaxed every step of the way!
Some of the more notable things we’ve accomplished thus far…
- Location: His hometown, which is also just an hour down the road from mine.
- Church: Where he grew up and a place so grand, I instantly agreed to.
- Reception Venue: A place I almost didn’t even look at, but later fell in love with.
- Wedding Cake: A long-time family friend who happens to make the most delicious cakes around.
- Wedding Colors: Keeping these a secret for now, but so excited for the beautiful palette we decided on together. (Ok, I decided…he approved.)
- DRESS: This is a new one, and I’m over the moon about it! My parents visited Kansas City this past weekend, and we scoured the city for the perfect dress…and found it. It was the best experience I could have asked for and sort of made the whole “wedding” thing seem a lot more real.
I also found a beautiful floral box that I have dubbed our Wedding Box, and any and all wedding information, receipts, clippings, color swatches and pamphlets will live here. It’s our way of staying organized and keeping everything wedding-related in one place for reference.
The part I’m most looking forward to with our wedding planning, however?
…designing the invitations! As a graphic designer, I can’t help but fall in love with beautifully designed paper products, and weddings are the perfect occasion for showcasing this. I simply cannot wait to sit down and start the research and planning portion of our invitations, and then of course, to do the hand lettering (hint, hint) and craft the entire piece together…sigh. I’ll be sure to share sneak peeks of bits and pieces along the way…
Have you planned a wedding for yourself or others? What’s your favorite part of the whole process?? Let me know below, so I know what to look forward to most!
Happy Monday! xo